Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlonafarm_gw

Which window is the best investment??

girlonafarm
14 years ago

DH and I are both still in our 20s and building our house together. We are planning on living in this home forever because of its location on our farm. We are shopping for windows and this is driving me crazy!! My main concern about the windows is getting something that is going to last. Since we are going to be in this house forever I want to invest in the window that will last the longest for us.

Here is some info on us: the house is a 2 story farmhouse style with 20 windows. Most of the windows are casements with the exception of a few fixed windows. In case it matters to anyone, we are going with white on the outside and inside of the window. For weather, we have an average summer temp around 85 and the winter is usually in the high 20s - 30s for only a month or so and then things start to warm up quickly.

We have considered all types of windows: vinyl, fiberglass, and wood. So far the only quote I have gotten is for Pella Proline for $12,500.00. After this I realized that I need to just stop getting quotes and decide on which type of window would be right for us. So, what do you suggest? Which type of window would be the best long-term investment for our house?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville