Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement windows by Andersen

Posted by windowscostmoney (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 21:22

I just received a quote of $12.5k by Renewal by Andersen to replace 11 awning windows (39" by 26"). These are fiberglass replacements but I have no idea if this is a reasonable price. I intensely dislike the "if you buy now I will cut the proce" routine. Gives me a feeing like you are being rushed because there is a better deal out there and they don't want you to know about it. I am doing some price checking tomorrow but my question is does this price sound reasonable? Thxs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement windows by Andersen

They are not fiberglass. They are Fibrex. Big difference. The Fibrex material is a wood and resin matrix that carries a ten (10) year warranty with it.

Well regarded fiberglass manufacturers (Marvin) offer a lifetime warranty on their product.

I would suggest that you keep looking around if you did not like their push or tactics.

At $1,135 an opening for a small awning window, you can put whatever you want in that application.

o

Could never understand why anyone would get windows from Renewal by Andersen. Even their commercials are terribly annoying.

Go to an Andersen distributor (not Home Depot) and ask them to recommend some installation contractors. They'll likely carry other brands (eg. Marvin) and can help you compare features/quality.

o

I had Andersen Renewal give me a quote a few years ago. They were double the price of the company I went with. get a few more estimates from replacement window companies. I didn't like them running down all their competitors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here