Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anderson 400 or Pella ProLine windows & patio door - Advise!

Posted by mystiky (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 21:19

I need to install

TWO 36x48 casement windows in my kitchen and
ONE 32x80 Single Patio Door.

I have narrowed my choices between using Anderson 400 or the Pella ProLine (wood) series.

My kitchen wall is being rebuilt from ground up and the patio door is being converted from an existing window. This is a brick house.

I would love to hear from the "experts" about the longevity and quality of both.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anderson 400 or Pella ProLine windows & patio door - Advise!

I am far from an expert but I would consider the Andersen the less of the two evils and would not use the Pella on a bet. This is my opinion based on only these two products but I would look at Integrity by Marvin before either of these if you can.

o
RE: Anderson 400 or Pella ProLine windows & patio door - Advise!

millworkman is probably the best authority on these windows so I will defer to his recommendation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here