Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lnia

Marvin Integrity vs. Anderson 400

lynn
12 years ago

Hello,

SO I think we are down to Integrity versus 400 for our new build windows. If it wasn't for the price difference I would probably lean towards Integrity. Any insights you can share on the differences?

Also, in regards to exterior colors, do people try to math them to something else on the exterior of their homes. I see a lot of white in newer builds. Furthermore, do people tend to match the grids to the color of the window or is the contrast of white preferable. So many decisions!

Comments (16)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    12 years ago

Cannot comment on the aesthetics part of the decision process because those are entirely personal, however, the common opinion on those two units would give the nod to the Integrity.

If that was my pool of choices, I would put Integrity in my home.

I am not a fan of clad woods when a completely water insensitive option is available.

• HomeSealed
    12 years ago

White grids on a stained window look tacky to me. Typically that is not done for the look, but for cost. I'd choose the Integrity as well... On the exterior color, generally either the window or the window trim are matched to the soffit & fascia trim.

• lynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Although I prefer the integrity, due to cost we are leaning towards the Anderson 400 sandstone. Would it be unheard of if we used Anderson 100 for our garage windows in same color? Not sure if the difference in styling would be obvious unless pointed out. Also is Anderson 400 same thing as Anderson 400 tilt series? Also, what are the benefits of a series. Thanks!

• lynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So, still debating. WHat do people think about pre-finishing in white the Integrity. One of the selling points on the Anderson is that this done and included in the price.

Thanks.

• PRO
    Epiarch Designs
    11 years ago

If you want prefinished white, why not look at the Integrity All Ultrex and not the wood version. It will be cheaper, and with figerglass on the interior as well, should hold up better over time then painted wood for sure.

• PRO
    East Bay 10
    11 years ago

I don't understand your last question. Both Andersen and Integrity wood ultrex offer a prefinished white interior. Are you asking what we think of the quality of the Integrity prefinish? If so, I think it is fine. A little too white far my wife's taste but it is a nice finish.

• lynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. I have asked a couple dealers on the Infinity and I am told it is just for replacement. I have a new construction. SO, I am getting best price on the Anderson's at Home Depot. I know people have had issues with them installing but given that it is a new construction, do you know if I should have any concerns ordering from them?

• PRO
    Epiarch Designs
    11 years ago

No one recommended the Infinity. I suggested the Integrity full ultrex instead of the wood version. It will be a little cheaper to start with, plus it will come pre finished in more durable fiberglass without needing to paint the interior. They are for new construction as well....

• PRO
    11 years ago

Infinity can be had with a flange but the Integrity would be the way to go as lzearc mentioned previously.

In the Integrity, go wood Ultrex combo. All Ultrex is not as pretty.

• lynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. I didn't realize Integrity offered all fiber glass. We like the idea of no maintenance. We are asking for pricing both ways but we were told the all ultrex would be more expensive...

• millworkman
    11 years ago

I would have major reservations about letting HD install windows in new construction or renovgations/replacement applications. It is a complete crap shoot whether or not the install will be correct or not and in my opinion not worth the chance. You need to remember that most of the installer that HD use are contractors who did not have enough work or were incapable of getting enough work on their own to maintain a business. I realize I will piss a few people off with my opinion but this is what the reality is at the very least in my area of the country.

• PRO
    11 years ago

The interior surfaces being wood, should not be a source of maintenance besides once and a forever painting.

They can be ordered factory finish as well.

• lynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Construction crew will install not window provider due to it being new construction. Home depot said all service warranty issues are handled directly with Anderson.

My concern on the interior is damage tp the window over time. We are people who sometimes forget windows open.

• lynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Does anyone know which of these windows are better at minimizing noise from the outside? We are near a busy street. Thanks

• PRO
    11 years ago

If you are worried about noise in certain rooms, specify laminated glass.