Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oceanside Aluminum windows

Posted by tcjohnsson (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 10, 09 at 19:54

I am looking for contemporary aluminum window manufacturer and came across this company -

http://oceansidealuminum.com/

Apparently, Oceanside Aluminum used to be "Luxury Windows" but have since detached themselves from the Chinese manufacturer and now build all their own product in California. I've been told that they manufacture everything and source all materials in California.

Their claims are lofty. For example, they state air infiltration for their sliding windows at .09 CFM/sf which I believe is the best in the industry. They also claim to have the tightest sightlines (smallest frame thickness) in the industry and still provide support for large massive thick sheets of laminated glass. Their website is very unfinished (which may mean nothing) but it concerns me that they don't accept credit card payment even for deposits. Is this standard business practice? They've also only been around for about 8 months. They claim their product is superior to Fleetwood (hardware, modern/contemporary style, finish and workmanship) yet about 15% cheaper for similar product.

On the flipside, the person I spoke to at the company seems very knowledgeable and I was referred to them by a reputable local firm.

Anyone ever heard of this company or have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oceanside Aluminum windows

I have heard of the company and myself am skeptical. They had issues when they started as Luxury WIndows and were even sued (and lost) by Fleetwood. Fleetwood only wanted to make a point about what they were doing so asked for $1.00 in judgement I believe. I have been in the industry for 20+ years and have looked at Luxury, Heritage, Western and Fleetwood. I know Fleetwood is the most expensive but their prices are getting closer in price and in my opinion..their products are far superior. Take a look at their arch-type hardware on their patio doors..phenominal. Keep in mind I sell Fleetwood but I can sell Western also and have sold Heritage and I still prefer Fleetwood. I have had a hard time in the past getting quotes from Luxury. As for Credit caards...why would a company not accept them. I am small but I still accept them. Its not a cost issue..it costs me $30.00/month to accept credit cards. Check out Fleetwoodusa.com..they have a section where you can see how they compare thier product against others..its in printed form so no he says this type thing. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here