Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tcjohnsson

Oceanside Aluminum windows

tcjohnsson
15 years ago

I am looking for contemporary aluminum window manufacturer and came across this company -

http://oceansidealuminum.com/

Apparently, Oceanside Aluminum used to be "Luxury Windows" but have since detached themselves from the Chinese manufacturer and now build all their own product in California. I've been told that they manufacture everything and source all materials in California.

Their claims are lofty. For example, they state air infiltration for their sliding windows at .09 CFM/sf which I believe is the best in the industry. They also claim to have the tightest sightlines (smallest frame thickness) in the industry and still provide support for large massive thick sheets of laminated glass. Their website is very unfinished (which may mean nothing) but it concerns me that they don't accept credit card payment even for deposits. Is this standard business practice? They've also only been around for about 8 months. They claim their product is superior to Fleetwood (hardware, modern/contemporary style, finish and workmanship) yet about 15% cheaper for similar product.

On the flipside, the person I spoke to at the company seems very knowledgeable and I was referred to them by a reputable local firm.

Anyone ever heard of this company or have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

Comment (1)