Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jabek

Alco Windows - review

jabek
11 years ago

I keep seeing this company advertise windows for 190 installed, the windows seem like cheap junk. Why do homeowners fall for such tactics?
This is Alco Windows NJ .
There is another alco in P.A. but i think its a different company.

This post was edited by jabek on Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 19:48

Comments (4)

• mmarse1
    11 years ago

Alco Window Corp in northern NJ sell alside windows. They are not high quality and the windows for 190 certainly are garbage. Any homeowner who looks to buy cheap windows deserves garbage. I hate to be harsh but common sense should ultimately prevail here.
    Alco's top of the line is an alside Ultramaxx which is very poorly designed and bulky. This window utilizes a pocket sill and anyone that does even some research on pocket sills will find out why they are very poorly designed.
    The Sheffield is a " snap in sloped sill" which is just as bad.
    Alside also have high air leakage numbers and the manufacturing tolerances are low. Especially the excalbur and centurian.

Higher end vinyl windows are Okna , HiMark, Soft Lite, Sunrise, and Gorell.
    These windkws are built and designed very well. They all use a true welded sloped sill. Not a snap in slope or pocket sill.
    Alco is made for the customer looking for a cheap way out but in reality they will be doing their window project twice and spending twice as much.
    Of course you will always have that customer that convinces themselves that all windows are the same and still go with the cheapest brand . In the end, they have no one to blame but themselves for their irresponsible decisions.

• toddinmn
    11 years ago

The $190 advertised price is just that, an avertised price. Expext there bid to come in a bit higher.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 years ago

Just a bit outside...

• doorproz
    10 years ago

Agree, those windows are very cheap looking and the lowest grade vinyl.
    The guy driving the truck advertising those outrageous prices should have his head examined. Have some pride in your work for gods sakes, why offer your customers cheap junk and convince them that " you've installed thousands and never had complaints". Give me a break, they are junk.