Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
to replace 1 or 2 windows

Posted by duk748 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 19:36

hello - i had sears install windows in my home back in 1992 - this past weekend after cleaning 1 bedroom window i pushed the top sill back up & something broke in the window to where it will not stay up unless the window is closed & locked - i have tried to get parts for this window (hinkel-hofmann made the windows) but they are now out of business - i had a person out to try & fix the window after i now know what is wrong w/ it & the entire inside frame has to be removed - it would cost at least $200 to fix - i am now contemplating replacing the entire window but do not want to have 1 odd looking window at the front of the house - if you were me would you just replace the other window at the same time in the front?? - my garage window is ok & would not deter from the rest of the frontage - any help w/ my dilemma would be greatly appreciated - thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: to replace 1 or 2 windows

If it were me, considering the windows are nearly 20 years old, I'd be at least looking at the possibilty of replacing them. Modern windows are more energy efficient, have less air infiltration and you can get a 30% tax credit on the windows until the end of the year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here