Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joe_decks

Peachtree window warranty is terrible!!

joe_decks
17 years ago

Date: 03-20-07 16:39

Peachtree windows and doors are having some kind of problems... They state they are in a strong position with their marketing and sales, but their customer service is terrible. I will start posting transcripts from a 6 month long ordeal I have been through trying to get warranty service on 3 windows of my brand new home. I had over $30,000 worth of Peachtree windows and french doors installed in my home and I can't get satisfaction on repairs of 3 windows!!! I will definitely not use them on my next project if this is going to be the case. A district manager (Bruce Brect) came out over two months ago to tell me everything would be taken care of and addressed items I did not even insist on being addressed. After receiving emails from him that the product will be scheduled to be replaced when they get to a Pennsylvania warehouse, I cannot get a hold of him anymore. His cell phone is disconnected and his office number is dead. Even his rep company's web site is gone!! I am expecting to see Peachtree gone soon as well. I have been getting frustrated with emails to a Lillian Johnson (I get return receipts for my emails) that go unanswered. Peachtree has NO direct phone numbers on their website for you to call customer service to complain. Old timers without computers is screwed for any attempt at service I guess.

This is only the beginning of my intent to inform as many people as possible about the terrible customer service I am getting from them. Imagine if I had only bought a few windows for a smaller house... If they treat a home builder like myself, that used over $30,000 of their glass in my own personal home like this... You do not stand a chance of satisfaction when the costs were small.

Comments (8)

• joe_decks
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

After many emails back and forth between myself and various representatives of Peachtree window company and SNE enterprises, this is the last email sent to me by Mr. Roller of SNE Enterprises. This is the result after being told by another person employed by SNE that they would offer me all new glass and (1) day to install if I would sign a release promising NOT to post any further comments or opinions about Peachtree windows. I will post each email separately for all to view.

To: joe@decksNJ.com
    Cc: Studzinski, Jeannine
    Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 4:47 PM
    Subject: Service Request

Dear Mr. Wengrin,

We have been unable to obtain information pertaining to the product in your home. We have contacted the selling dealer, without success. We have requested the information from you, without success. Without the Master Order or dimensions of the units and glass code, we are unable to supply the appropriate replacement parts.

If you wish to supply the information required, we will order and arrange delivery of the replacement product to your home as our warranty states. If you would like an inspection to determine the products required, we will provide that service for $145.00 prepaid. Any additional work will require an estimate and approval prior to any work initiated.

Should you wish to review a copy of the warranty, it is available on the Peachtree website, www.peachtreedoor.com under the service tab, or I will mail one to your home.

Bill Roller

Eastern Region Sevice Manager

Tel. 717 932 3006 ext. 4201

My reply to Mr. Roller

Mr. Roller,
    After all of the explanations and ridiculous amounts of information I provided to your company, including a representative your company sent to my house personally to take notes of all of this information, you are now telling me again that you will do 'basically" nothing to correct this situation. I went from a person, Lillian Johnson" who had this attitude that nothing will be done to correct this problem... to Bruce Brecht, a district sales manager for your company, who came to my home and promised me to take care of everything. I have emails from him stating that the product was ordered and will be scheduled for delivery when it arrives in the warehouse... Back to Lillian Johnson who tells me Bruce is no longer with the company... To Jeannine Studzinski, who at least tried to provide some customer service, and who was polite, (which is more than I can ever say for you sir, after your terrible manners on the phone call you gave me)... Where she said she would have the glass parts ordered and supply (1) day of labor to install the new glass as long as I sign a release NOT to post any further comments on home improvement forums (which I have this email as well)... back to you, saying you will not do anything beyond a poorly written warranty because you must think you are a "king" in your company. If all of this looks or feels like even "good" customer service, you are the problem.
    I will provide you with what is needed to satisfy your requirements for the new glass being sent to my home. I will pay someone to come and replace the glass panels in my home... no problem. I will also file a lawsuit for the other items wrong with the manufacturing of these windows and defects not related to the glass. I will continue to post my opinions of your customer service on all the home improvement sites I contribute too. I will correspond with the many groups of people who are also having similar problems with your customer service and warranty. You cannot ask me, or tell me not to do any of these things, since you are obligated to replace the glass for a period of 10 years (unless you want to change this rule on your past customers as well). I will post all of our emails back and forth, as well as all photos and a You.com video to help people thinking of using your products to see first and decide for themselves.
    I am going to terminate my business relationship with 84 Lumber company. I will forward all correspondents to their main headquarters to see why I have made this decision. I will post comments on their company's inability to hold their vendors responsible for manufacturing problems and terrible customer service. I purchase all of our framing lumber for all our projects from them. I am sure they will not be happy or amused at the fact that I am going to make sure that they feel as "burned" as I do right now.
    I am setting up a web site www.mypeachtreewindowssuck.com to post all of my scanned paperwork and email correspondents for people to view. I will provide a "blog", "chat", and "guestbook" feature so others may contribute to the site. The site WILL show up on all of the popular search engines when "PeachTree windows" or "SNE Enterprises" are typed.

Have a nice day, Joe Wengrin
    PS Reply with your fax # so I can send you all of the PO's, invoices, and other supporting documents.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Peachtree windows Suck web site

• gwynd1_gmail_com
    15 years ago

I know this is late but I have to add my 2 cents worth. I to am a builder that built a house for my self 11 years ago and made the mistake of using Peachtree windows (34 of them). I have had nothing but trouble the past 7 years. Mostly moisture in between the panes. The first time I contacted them a sales rep came out and I had to replace 4 windows. I didn't have many problems. 2 years latter I had more problems and contacted the same Lillian Johnson who would not return emails etc. Finally after months I did receive replacement glass for 2 of the 3 windows. When questioned she said the 3rd window was not covered by the warrenty! ????? Now I have 2 additional windows with moisture between the panes. A terrible product, so bad
    I am considering replacing all of my windows. Do yourself a favor NEVER buy a Peachtree window!!!!

• Robert234
    10 years ago

I Purchased a new home with Peachtree windows and doors in 2007. Three windows have lost their Argon gas and are discolored and six of the doors leak water into the house. Long story short. The telephone number is no longer in service for customer service. Does anybody have the Peachtree customer service telephone number?
    My e-mail is mystic234@comcast.net or mystic4657@gmail.com Thanks Bob Thornton

• malh12144
    8 years ago

We built our home 20 years ago. We are having problems with water stains inside the double paned ones. My contract with Peachtree says "life time guarantee" I would very much like to hear from Peachtree about our concerns. Our home has in the past been on Tour of Homes and featured in the Savannah Magazine. I have submitted my information, but have yet been contacted! We are now Senior Citizens, and my husband is a two-time cancer survivor. We expect service immediately, as we trusted this company. we cannot afford to replace our windows, and should not have to since it is a LIFETIME GUARANTEE!

Regards,

Jerry Hendrix malh12144@aol.com

• millworkman
    8 years ago

Never seen a window company with a lifetime warranty on the GLASS. The windows themselves may have had a lifetime warranty. Now after all that is said I do believe they have changed hands at least once so whatever warranty was available will more than likely not be honored.

• malh12144
    8 years ago

thanks

• PRO
    toddinmn
    8 years ago

Not uncommon to get a limited lifetime warranty on glass breakage but 20 years is usually max on seal failures.