Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Job completion clean-up

Posted by ollie24018 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 18:50

I'm just curious what you expect your installation crews to do as part of the clean-up/wrap-up of the install.
Weather permitting do you have them take the "Windex" to the windows inside and out?
Do you cover all indoor items to insure no sawdust or plaster dust ( if any cutting ) gets to them?
What do you do to attempt to set yourself apart from the norm? What are your expectations? Leave as or better than you found it?

Oliver

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Job completion clean-up

We always try to leave it better than worse but depening on the type of installation, this can be impossible.

Remember that the installers are contractors and not housekeepers.

We wipe down the windows but they may not be perfect and you ideally shouldn't be messing with them too much from the outset until the sealant cures all the way up.

o

That's about it. ^... The site should be cleaned with reasonable care, but do understand that the installers are craftsmen, not professional cleaners. The windows and surrounding areas should be picked up, vacuumed, wiped down, etc. We generally cover things up if there is going to be any sawing, drywall dust, etc.

o

If you have plaster you probally have lead based paint on your windows.The contractor should be following the EPA's RRP rules if the house is pre 1978 or has been tested negtive,this would address alot of the cleaning issues.I typically do RRP containment on windows that are not lead and clean all visable dust on windows and floors.I do not typically clean the glass unless there is sticker residue, and even then I clean just the affected area.

o

WoW, HomeSealed, & Todd.... thanks for your feedback in this. I was just trying to get some feel on what you guys from the "Top Tier" of contractors suggest.
I've lurked for a few years and have grown to respect your comments/suggestions/recommendations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here