Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement Windows in CT

Posted by SolidSeagrams (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 18:48

Has anyone had experience using Action Windows & Siding or Advanced Window Systems in Connecticut? I'm in the market for replacement vinyl windows and have narrowed down the search to these two companies. Both companies seem to have a good reputation according to Google reviews. Advanced markets their own windows while Action installs popular name brands. I would be between Okna 400 or 500's installed by Action versus the Standard or "Energy Gold Package" from Advanced. I realize this is very specific to this companies in this area. I'd like some reassurance that Action is good on the installation side since I already know both Okna's are good from reading the other posts on this forum. Thanks.

This post was edited by SolidSeagrams on Thu, May 1, 14 at 10:16

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement Windows in CT

dont know about either installation company, but I do know that high end manufacturers like Okna dont sell to any "geek off the street". You gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep!
Seriously though, high end manufacturers manage their reputation by vetting and qualifying their dealers. This is not a guarantee of quality installation, but gives very good odds. The other guys are likely sourcing that window from another manufacturer (VERY few dealers make their own product), and just putting their own label on it because the manufacturer brand name = mud. Alside, MI, and the like come to mind as usual suspects in this case.
Case and point, I had a local dealer in my area that was a highly sophisticated, high-pressure firm, and they were actually selling the same Alside window that you can get from Window World for $189 installed, for over $1200 per window! Lesson to be learned: do research on whatever product you are considering, and if you can't find any info, move on.

o

+1

Okna is good about policing and vetting who they sell to so there is at least that level of protection.

It is worth repeating though that the end consumer must do their own research and be informed about their purchasing decisions.

o

Action Windows & Siding replaced 6 sliding windows and 1 sliding door made by Okna Windows company. Installation was fast and professional. The prices were very competitive to other companies that I shopped with. Recommend to everybody.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here