Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New roof meets window

Posted by f1668065 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 18:45

I'm considering replacing my windows with either hurricane impact windows or hurricane shutters. This one window is on 2nd floor (I will only consider shutters that can be secured from inside on 2nd floor) and the front of the house. The new first floor sloped roof basically meets the bottom of this one window...

Some of the shutter guys say I don't have enough room under this window to install the accordion shutters (apparently, the only type of shutters I can secure from inside) on this window.

That said, how will either replacing the window or installing shutters affect where the new roof meets the bottom of the window?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New roof meets window

Here's a close up from above

o

I am not sure what the question is?

That all being said, I think that impact rated windows are a great investment and are a more comprehensive solution that will cover the home in more instances (example: you are out of town and unable to close or activate the shutters).

o

Thanks!
Sorry about the confusion...My question is:
How much will I have to "disturb" the newly constructed "roof to window connection", in order to install a new hurricane impact window and/or accordion shutters?

o

Shouldn't have to disturb anything on the flat surfaces.

o

Thanks!
FWIW...
I've been told a 3rd time that I don't have enough room on the bottom of the window (at least 3") in order to properly install accordion shutters. That said...Either new impact window or roll down shutter recommended.

o

Impact window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here