Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Ultimate BiParting/Sliding Doors

Posted by mydreamhome (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 17:42

Anyone have any longterm experience with this product? DH is worried about how long the smooth easy opening of the doors will last since we don't plan to move again and would prefer not to replace for a very long time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Ultimate BiParting/Sliding Doors

I am a service coordinator for this brand. What type of bi-parting door are you looking for? I would assume a Sliding French by the phrase - rolls smoothly, but we also have the lift and slide. If you can be a little specific as to his concerns I will try and address them for you.

o

amber windows- Thanks for offering to help. DH is worried that the smooth operation we saw in the showroom will not last and we will end up with a difficult to open door as the only access to the back yard from inside the house.

These are the type of doors I'm talking about:

Jeld-Wen Ctr Opening Sliders (Ext)

Jeld-Wen Ctr Opening Sliders (Int)

Thanks for any input you can give.

o

I personally have sold many of this type unit if these are the standard slider which they appear to be. The only thing you need to do is clean the track out regularly as crap tends to collect which will bind up the rollers. If you go with a lift and slide style the track becomes a much lower profile and this becomes less of an issue although the then the door panels tend to become somewhat heavy and the handle for the lift action can require some strength

o

It's an OXXO USFD that you are looking at. Millworkman is correct that the debris in the track is the key element in causing the door to operate roughly. Installation is also key. A plumb, level, and square door will operate like a dream. The Lift and Slide is meant for a new construction application and has a 7/32" tolerance on the sill. Not much can collect there, but you are also not rated for water infiltration. 9 pounds per square foot is the approx. weight on the panels. It all depends on what you are going for in regards to design.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here