Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window NOT centered on wall!!

Posted by Neushan (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 15:54

Because of the 3 doors in our master bedroom we only have one wall to put our king bed. Only problem is the window on the wall is NOT centered and the bed must be centered due to the size of the room. Also, the walls are tall (11 feet!) What can you recommend? Click on link to see diagram of the room. (I haven't figured out how to post pics on this forum!!).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77627754@N07/6967552898/

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My bedroom diagram

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window NOT centered on wall!!

As you've said, it looks like you don't have many options unless you want to move the window or a door. I guess I'm not sure of the type of advice that you are looking for?

o
RE: Window NOT centered on wall!!

A favorite trick of interior designers is to camouflage awkward windows with curtains that are much taller or wider than the windows. In your situation I would run a curtain rod the entire width of the wall and install floor to ceiling curtains. Pull your bed and nightstands a little bit away from the wall to allow the curtains to be easily drawn to one side when you want to let light in - when the curtains are pulled to one side it can give the illusion that the window goes all the way across the wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here