Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
okna windows replacement or else

Posted by ospalom (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 30, 10 at 15:13

I need some help on selecting a windows replacement.
I was offered Alside and OKNA.. which should I go for... if you have another brand please advice.. I was quote $420 per window.. full installation.. double hung .. 8 windows...

any help is really appreciate..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: okna windows replacement or else

Okna, hands down between those two. Look at Gorell, Simonton, Softlite and Great Lakes if they are available in your area.

o

Okna is so much better than any Alside window especially the excalibur. for $420 a window i am sure your dealer was showing you the Okna 400 series( that is a very cheap price)..the Okna 800 series would be much more than that.
the Okna 800 is one of the best windows sold today in my opinion.. i also like the gorell 5300 and the Sunrise vanguard.

o

Our Gorell windows have been a problem. The sealing strips at the top of the sashes are falling out and into the space between the two panes. Almost every sash has been replaced and some more than once. Our installer is very unhappy with Gorell and isn't selling for them anymore.

They are, however, honoring their guarantee and continue to replace the sashes. I wonder why they don't just figure out the problem and solve it?

an unhappy Gorell purchaser
Greenville NC

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here