Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
down up blinds.........................

Posted by eaglemom100 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 14:48

I am having all new windows put in the house next week. Yea! Anyway, in the study and master bath I will have 2 picture windows - 36 x 72 each. My question is has anyone used the down up blinds? And maybe that's not the correct name - the kind of blinds where you can open / close from the top or bottom. Second question - has anyone ordered blinds on line? Good or bad experiences?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: down up blinds.........................

Bottom up blinds would be blinds that are housed at top of window when closed. Are these blinds to be integrated within in the window or installed to be set in front of the window?

o

In front of the window. The window guys are installing now. OMGoodness - I'm in love with my decisions. Love the picture windows - light is fantastic. My new rule - go with my gut decision and almost always I'll love the outcome.

o

Found your thread late so I hope this is of some use.
Top down, bottom up blinds:
We put these blinds in my mother-in-laws house and they are FABULOUS. Her issue was light needing to come in, yet be able to shade her two pianos, and some privacy.
The disappear to almost nothing (compared to my 2" wood blinds).
We ordered hers through a company called Three Day Blinds, but I dont think they are around anymore.
I am going to put them in my dining room (now a piano/music room) and master bath, and a bath at my folks house. I have gone into a store to see the colors/fabric first hand and the internet prices (where I have bought wallpaper) are less expensive. I will likely order from there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here