Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
penaddict

Where to start? Need one 'unique' new window (in Colorado)

penaddict
14 years ago

I'm somewhat overwhelmed with the number of window companies and advertisements I've seen for window replacements.

We have a weird (unique) window in our master bedroom. We are the third owner on this house (10 years old), southern facing and backs to a busy street.

It looks like the previous owner installed a second double-paned sliding window in back of the first one (so there are two double-paned windows).

It's so difficult to open and close these windows (the track is now messed up..slides horizontally to the left) and there were no handles to open and close the outside one so I've been have to open and close it by pressing on the glass, which cause the window to push out more and damage the tracks and frame of the glass even more (I know, a picture could tell a thousand words, and can take one if necessary).

Anyway, where do I start looking for quotes?

It's a large window frame and I would like something very, very sound proof to block out the noise from the street.

Any suggestions on companies, where to start, what type of window for this scenario?

Thanks!

Comments (3)