Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote of New Construction Windows National Vinyl Trustgard - any

Posted by emh8 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 13:02

Received a quote for $17,000 for 22 full window replacements in our 17 year old home in the Boston area. House is average quality built with wood windows and trim, and vinyl siding. The wood trim is rotting in most places. Do not like the look of replacement windows. Others in the neighborhood are paying about 12k for replacement windows from a variety of local companies. I'm thinking the 17k quote is not bad. I don't see any discussion of National Vinyl out of Chicopee in this forum. BBB gives them A+. We like the local builder who gave us the quote. Should we get more estimates? Thank you for any comments and suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: National Vinyl LLC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote of New Construction Windows National Vinyl Trustgard -

Do you have any data on the window.

Looking at the NFRC, the thermal numbers look about average but I don't see any of the architectural data on the site.

If you like a full tear out, most good replacement windows can be offered with a full nailing flange and the installation duplicated to what your builder is proposing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here