Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quebear

Anderson Window Co. Consumer Horror Story

quebear
13 years ago

I'm posting a link to a blog I have begun about my particular horror story.I have since learned that many others have their own stories about the arrogance and lack of customer service that seem to be a hallmark of this company. Please join in with your own story so others can be warned beforehand...!!

http://andersonwindows.blogspot.com/

Comments (3)

• skydawggy
    13 years ago

First of all, I don't work for Andersen, never have and have never sold an Andersen Window in my life. So please take my comments as unbiased.

I have to agree with Andersen about it being your responsibility to make sure the color is exactly what you wanted. Samples were made available to you and they delivered exactly what you ordered. There are many different shades of white. If you visit a paint store you will see what I mean. I really think you are making a big deal about a fairly minor "misunderstanding" which as I have said frankly, is your fault If a perfect color match was so critical to you wouldn't have purchased Andersen Windows had you known, then you would be still searching for windows.

Spend the money, get them painted the color you want and move on.

The grommets are a different issue. I think you have a legitimate complaint if you weren't informed they would be as noticable as they are. It doess seem odd to me that with all the research you did before purchasing the windows that this issue was a surprise to you. At this point I think all you can expect is a possible partial refund consideration.

• ibwindows
    13 years ago

WOW... I read your blog and let me see if I understand the problems.

Problem #1

You are not happy with the color Andersen has been using on their white windows for the last 40 years and you think they should change it just for you.

Problem#2

You changed from the standard grill to a custom pattern on a stock window that already has the grill attachment points.

As you have said Andersen has quite the legal dept and the way you have spread this around the net ... My bet is you will be hearing from them again.

• brianmeek
    13 years ago

I just ordered a house-load of Andersen windows. I came on this forum today to close out a thread I had started to help me reach that decision when I saw the title of this thread and I thought: "bummer".

Now that IÂve read the thread (and skimmed your rant-a-blog), I feel relieved because I fail to see where Andersen is at fault in this case...

Personally, I noticed first off that Andersen's "white" is on the cooler temp / grayish side. Their color-sample chip that I took home reflects this too. I do sympathize with you and feel itÂs too bad that "white" doesnÂt always mean stark WHITE (MarvinÂs "white" looked a bit on the warm side to me, fwiw). But even if the color value is CMYK 0, 0, 0, 0 Â you still have to consider things like glossy, satin, flat, etc. You really shouldÂve been more careful if the shade is that critical to you. Sorry.

I would be curious to see a picture of this grommet-grill alignment problem of yours, but since you apparently went with something custom or "non-standard" from AndersenÂs perspective, why on earth wouldnÂt you have known exactly what the grill-window combo was going to look like before installing them all over your house? WTF?? It seems that you and the dealer or installer you bought these windows and grills through had a real failure to communicate!

Best of luck with this. I guess that next time you wonÂt assume that everything will conform to your originally optimistic expectations.

BTW, what exactly are you asking Andersen to do for you to make things right? Forgive me if that was in your blog posting, but I sort of glazed over when it went all CAPS for several paragraphs...

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling