Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Revere Berkshire Elite Feedback

Posted by bobaj (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 12:10

This is another AMI/Alside product with promising specs, anyone have any commentary good or bad ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Revere Berkshire Elite Feedback

Not familiar with the Berkshire Elite. The Berkshire used to be the same thing as the Excalibur.

I would hazard a guess that the Elite is probably the same thing as the new Mezzo.

There is probably some feedback on that window you can search through.

o

The one difference the literature points to is a block and tackle balance system on the Elite whereas the Mezzo has a coil balance system.

o

Same window. They change the balance system and there may be another minor change to justify the name, but essentially it is the same window with the same pros and cons. It is an improvement over the old model, but far from the holy grail of window choices which would be a product of tremendous quality and performance at an insanely low price. Still much, much closer to the latter than the former IMO.... Also known as a Gentek model, and window world.

o

From what I've heard and read (which is not much) still a mid-grade window ?

o

I think that is a fair assessment.

o

The numbers on it are improved, but I have inspected and operated a unit and "mid-grade" is pretty generous in my opinion. It is one of the lower priced products on the market, and the quality seems to be right in line with that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here