Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar shades? Film? Worried about glare

Posted by lnhardin (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 11:13

Need some good advice here. We are just finishing up a new construction in Oklahoma. Hubby's new office has windows facing 3 sides - West, South and North. The west wall is almost all window. We did invest in high quality low E windows and we have a good sized overhang. Walking through the room, it looks to me like for at least a few hours a day there will be very bright light coming in from the West, probably causing a LOT of glare on computer screens on the desk. The desk is right by the windows. The windows appear to be doing a great job of cutting the heat. I have been in there when outdoors was in the 90s and it was quite comfortable - air conditioning has not been hooked up yet. So the issue will be the glare.

From the start Hubby was very much against anything that cuts the view from those office windows, but even he is beginning to see that there will be a glare problem on his desk. What is our best solution? We have discussed shutters, blinds, solar shades, outside shade,film, etc. It seems shutters would cut the view even when open. Outside shades will keep the casement windows from being opened, blinds have other problems. What is our best option? Would love to hear others' experience. We are in Oklahoma, so summer light/heat can be a big deal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar shades? Film? Worried about glare

i'm having the same problem if anyone wants to help

o

Interior roller shades. If you use a Phifer Suncontrol at a %10 opening, you will be able to see out of the shade and it cuts down/out the glare.

We use it a lot in Gas stations.

And it will still allow you to open casement windows.

o

I would recommend solar shades. They would offer you a stylish way to maintain your view and guard against glare. Bali Blinds has a large selection of colors and textures with varying degrees of solar openness. Use their free mobile app to select swatches and use the My Decorator tool to see your selection in combination with your wall, floor, and furniture colors. Check it out on www.baliblinds.com

o

Why don't you quit digging up old posts and spamming this site? Businesses are required to pay for advertising here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here