Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thebighead

Choosing Window Quotes - Polaris vs SoftLight

TheBIGHead
9 years ago

I am looking for some direction on selecting from several window quotes that I have been provided.
I am replacing most of the windows in my 2 story home (22 in all). Windows are white, double hung and are 100 to 120 unit inches. We live in the greater Cleveland area (South East Suburb).
I have the following 3 quotes, all from very reputable and top notch installers. Interested to hear which is the best deal and why you would choose one over the other. Also, are these good prices or do I need to push a little?

Quotes:
- Polaris UltraWeld, Glass=Low e plus Argon, Foam in Sash, Intercept Stainless Steel Spacer. Cost = $12,500
- SoftLight Bainbridge, Glass=Low e plus Argon, Foam in Sash, Intercept Stainless Steel Spacer. Cost = $13,500
- SoftLight Pro, Glass=Low e plus Argon, Foam in Sash, Super Spacer. Cost = $14,500

I seem to read better comments about SoftLight versus Polaris (mostly on this forum). However, Polaris windows have the lowest air infiltration of these options. They are a little bulky, but seem very solid. The difference between the two SoftLight windows seems very minor. I slightly prefer the Pro, but don't think it justifies the extra $1000.

Thanks in advance to all for your comments.

Comments (7)