Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
honeycomb shades?

Posted by designnov (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 9:20

Id like to purchase insulating honeycomb shades for all the bedrooms but I dont know where to start, so many brands and retailers. Anyone know where I can get decent quality without spending a fortune? Also, if anyone has the insulating kind, do they really make a difference? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: honeycomb shades?

I do believe they make a difference. Honey combed is also more commonly known as "cellular" shades. They can be singular celled or double celled. An internet search will show you several online companies where you can order them at discounted prices to install yourself. You would have to provide the measurements - and remember, measurements are always width X height, in that order.

Visit some home centers or stores to get an idea of what you want, and what manufacturers make them. Then order them online. Of course you can buy them at a home center and have them installed, but that is very expensive.

There are also cellular blinds that not only open from the bottom up, but also at the same time from the top down.

Good luck :)

o
RE: honeycomb shades?

I got a great deal on our from JCPenny of all places.

There is not a whole lot of technology differences in them if you stay away from the "exotic" ones.

They do help with heat loss/gain when installed properly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here