Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
june97

Help with Marvin infinity quote

June97
11 years ago

I am looking into Marvin infinity replacement windows with everwood interior so that I can paint it to match the interior frame.

There are totally 26 windows. Here is what I get from a Marvin seller for all the insert windows (26 total). I added my estimated measurements to his quote.

Please let me know whether the price is good enough and whether the Infinity is a good window. The main reason for me to choose this window is due to its paintable interior color which can match our original walmut color frame. Is there another good brand which can achieve the same purpose?

The quote is provided by a local lumber yard which is one of the two local Marwin dealers. Should I get a contractor for this job to ensure quality? Thanks so much.

--------------------------------------------------

I am quoting the following: Marvin Infinity all fiberglass windows, glazed low e II with argon gas, screens are included on all operating units, you have your choice of any of the six exterior colors and I priced the unfinished everwood interiors. All existing windows are removed and legally disposed of. All new windows are installed, caulked, and weather stripped. The new windows carry a 20 year warranty on the glass against seal failure, and life time on everything else.

Three pane wide (20âÂÂx64âÂÂ) window two panes operating and one stationary $2,360.00
Three pane wide window (20âÂÂx64âÂÂ) all three panes operating $2,550.00 (These actually are 3 completely separate windows each with its own opening)
Three pane wide window (20âÂÂx35âÂÂ)â two panes operating and one stationary $1,880.00
One pane wide (22â x52âÂÂ) operating window $785.00
Two pane wide (20âÂÂx64âÂÂ) window with both panes operating $1,570.00
Two pane wide window (20âÂÂx64â )with both panes operating $1,570.00
One pane wide operating window (20âÂÂx64â ) $785.00
Two panes wide (23âÂÂx52âÂÂ) with both panes operating $1,570.00
One pane wide (20âÂÂx64â ) operating $785.00
One pane wide (23âÂÂx52âÂÂ) operating $785.00
Three panes wide (20âÂÂx44âÂÂ) with two panes operating and one stationary $2,040.00
Three panes wide (20âÂÂx44âÂÂ) with two panes operating and one stationary $2,040.00
One pane wide operating (20âÂÂx35âÂÂ)$785.00
The total for all of the windows is $19,505.00.

The total for all of the windows is $19,505.00.

If you buy at least five windows you will qualify for a $500.00 discount, as long as you order by May 31, 2013. That is if you order twice, you will get $1000 discount as long as you order at least five windows each time. We currently are also still having our Home Show promotion and that is an additional $250.00 off if you order by this Friday April 19 2013.

Comments (8)

• millworkman
    11 years ago

From my recollection that pricing seem very fair and within the normal range. You do not tell us what area your located in as this can make a difference as well. The only thing I am puzzled by is that they are available from a lumberyard as that must have changed in recent times as last I knew Infinity was thru window dealer/installers only?

• June97
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, millworkman. I am in Duluth, MN. When I did further research, it turned out this lumber yard is the only Marvin dealer in our area. Should I get a contractor to do the job to ensure the installation?

• millworkman
    11 years ago

I think you would be fine with the lumberyard, but check the references and maybe look at some other jobs they had done. Too become an Infinity dealer Marvin generally requires specific training on their products and they generally will not allow them to be sold to anyone off the street without installation. So chances are even though you saw and are purchasing them thru a lumberyard they have a Marvin Infinity certified installation division, but as I stated it will never hurt to check references and prior work.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 years ago

Numbers seem fair to me as well.

• June97
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am also looking into Inline fiberglass. But so far I haven't heard from Inline regarding whether there will be a local dealer. For Inline's interior color, the website states, "Real stainable select oak offers the beauty of wood for your interior decor while still providing the durable elegance of fiberglass to your exterior." Does this mean that the interior is real wood? What will you choose between Inline and Infinity in terms of cost and quality? Thanks.

• toddinmn
    11 years ago

Painting of oak can be hard due to the graining and will show through unless mutiple coats are applied.Being you're in Duluth I would consider triple paned windows and would favor Inline due to It's superior performance numbers. Marvins. air infiltration numbers are among the worst out there and there DP ratings are pretty low as well.

• June97
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Toddinmn, do you know whether Inline's interior part is wood or not?

I just visited Marvin's Infinity showroom. The Everwood is a really thin piece of paper-like layer; anyone whether that thin piece can hold up?

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 years ago

Inline is wood.

I have seen the Everwood after being about 8-10 years old and it looked brand new.

Seems to hold up very well.