Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lepage windows

Posted by vcapa50 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 7:13

We are building a new home on the water in southern CT. has anyone ever heard of Lepage windows out of canda? Would they be good for a home along the water? We are also looking at anderson woodright 400 series.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lepage windows

I have sold Lepage in the past and feel you would have no issue using them on the water. I am assuming your speaking of the wood window. The Extruded Aluminum Clad I have seen used on the water with no issues(Lepage or other quality extruded aluminum windows)although others on here will tell you that using the extruded aluminum windows on the water is a no no.

o

You cannot compare the two windows. The Lepage is far superior in every sense. It also just looks better and is built for harsh Canadian climates. I have seen many high end homes with Lepage windows in Connecticut. All you need is to compare the two windows side by side to see the difference.

o

This company is really Bonneville. Just bought all windows for my cottage on the lake. Their sliding doors are exceptionally inferior and they do not stand behind their products. Buyer beware.

o

Nothing to do with Bonneville (who is out of business for some years now) Guy Bonneville's family owned Bonneville he left the family business and formed LePage which is a far superior window to Bonneville ever was. Very good product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here