Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement window quote? Sound good?

Posted by sparks66 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 23:22

I've got 28 old original single pane windows that I'm having replaced. All are around 30x60". I just got a quote from a local company for $11,480 (total incl tax etc). This works out to around $410 a window and is eligible for the tax credit.

This seems like a pretty good price for their "top of the line" 8000 series window but it's a locally produced item here in SC. I've got some good referrals from friends who liked this company's product and service.

here's the website below, any red flags?

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement window quote? Sound good?

It may or may not be a good deal. You haven't provided enough information to be able to make a judgement. What is the water and air infiltration ratings? What is the overall U-factor? Have you looked carefully at the warranty to see what's excluded? Are the windows structurally tested by AAMA? If so what were the results? Was the energy efficiency teasted by NFRC? What were those results?

The biggest mistakes people make is purchasing windows based on price, purchasing windows b/c someone else did and not educating themselves enough so they can answer the question of "is this a good value"? Until you know the details of the questions I've given you, you are not ready to make a decision on windows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here