Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alside Performance Series Gold or Jeld Wen Brickmould Series

Posted by jeguzik (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 23:11

I am building a new home and my builder gave me the choice between these two windows manufactures and series. He told me they will be double pane / double hung / Argon filled and Low E glass. The house is going to have 45 some odd windows so I want to make the right decisions, your thoughts and insights are truly appreciated. We live near Cleveland, OH.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alside Performance Series Gold or Jeld Wen Brickmould Series

Ask him for more options or buy them yourself. Do a search on here and you will see what I mean. I am certain you can get a better window in the same price range.

o

For example what else would be a better window? What is wrong with the two I quoted, some details would be appreciated I am a complete novice.

o

As Millworkman said, do a search for those 2 brands. Some of the brands I always recommend looking at are Sunrise, Softlite, Okna, and Gorell. These manufacturers have a sterling reputation for consistent quality, excellent customer service and warranty service. In addition, they are all very low in air infiltration water penetration and all have very high design pressure ratings. I would ask your builder for a window credit and then contract with a window installation company who uses more sophisticated installtion methods than most builders do.

o

well said sky, could not have said it any better

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here