Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Patio Door Install

Posted by jjs777 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 22:09

About a year ago I had new Marvin windows and a new patio door installed, and I am very happy with how they look and how they have performed so far. However, i have a question now about the patio door. Around the outside of the patio door, there is some sort of trim that sort of obscures the view of where the patio door frame meets the siding. Upon further inspection a few days ago it seems that there is no caulk around the outside of the patio door where it meets the siding. Should there be caulk around the patio door as there is around every window I had installed? I know the pictures are not great, but it is hard to get a good picture of the space.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Patio Door Install

It is hard to say for sure by that pic, but it appears to be "j" style trim, which is designed not to be caulked. There are other steps that should be taken behind the siding to insure a leak- proof installation, but that is impossible to see at this point.... But to answer your question again, no that should not be caulked.... At least from what I can tell by that pic.

o

Karateguy, thank you for your response, that is what I wanted to hear!

o

j/k, lol.
Glad I could put your mind at ease.

o

Can you provide another picture from a little bit farther back? I'd agree with karateguy based on what I see, but another view would be ideal to confirm that :)

o

Door is very important in Feng Shui.
You must know the correct location for your main door during design and planning stage before you can install it.
Find out at http://cheongsoonhaur.com/blog/

Here is a link that might be useful: Importance of the Door Location

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here