Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this price for Provia entry door seem really high?

Posted by whiteycat (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 22:06

A local salesrep came over today to show us the catalog for Provia entry doors. His quote for a front door with a 3/4 window with the beveled glass design, and 2 sidelights with the same glass in their Signet fiberglass was over $16,000!! I was shocked when he told us the price.
I know Provia is probably one of the best, if not the best, quality entry door.

This quote did not include adding a transom window. I am not even sure it included cladding the frame on the exterior. It did include the Schlage handle set.

Just wondering if this sounds wrong. I am going to get a quote from 2 other dealers. One for Provia and another for Albany Doors.

Anyone know anything about Albany Door Company from Bedford Park, IL? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this price for Provia entry door seem really high?

My experience with ALbany is somewhat limited, but based on what I've seen I'd say mid-grade.
Provia is a great door (especially the Signet), and while there are a LOT of variables that will affect the price, I would say that sounds pretty high. Best thing to do however is to get a few more prices for comparison. HomeGuard makes a great door as well. Their Signature line uses the same slab as the Provia Signet. Fit and finish is as good if not even better IMO.

o

+1 on HomeSealed feedback.

HomeGuard is going to be my recommendation as well. Be sure to look at their Timberframe option.

That door, with the stained jamb, is a stunner.

o

Thanks for the info on Homeguard doors. I looked at their website but cannot find info on dealers. Do you know if there are dealers in the Green Bay, WI area?

Thanks!

o

HomeSealed is in Milwaukee. How far away are you from there?

o

We are actually about 15 min. north of GB. Thanks for the info. everyone. I will get some more local quotes.

o

Whitey,

Pretty sure that HomeSealed doesn't get that far north but he would be my best recommendation in WI.

He is a big time Bears fan though....?

o

I don't think he would enjoy being up in Packer City!! LOL!

o

I am joking FYI. He is a huge packer (which type...?) fan.

o

Hey, hey, hey, that's not even funny. No Bears fans over here!...although I'm a brand new Julius Peppers fan!
We get up to Sheboygan, but GB is a little farther than we typically go. Feel free to reach out whiteycat if you don't find what you are looking for locally. Last time I was in your neck of the woods it was a loooong and painful drive home after the niner's game.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here