Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostileharry

Starmark & Marvin Ultimate Combo install?

hostileharry
10 years ago

I want to first thank this forum and the active members for providing so much useful information about windows... it's really much appreciated.

I am in process of having a few different window companies from the Chicago-land area come out to provide me their thoughts and prices on a large window and door replacement in my house. I have about 40 casement windows that were installed in 1996 when the house was first built. We bought the house in November and knew full well that a window project would be required as the external windows are a clad and full wood on the interior. The sashes on the inside have started to rot on a few of the windows and the seals around the casement windows are allowing cold air in throughout the house. We have around 16 actual window openings, but we have double to triple casement configurations...

I have Dave from Strong Windows coming out second as he's the local Starmark dealer and from some of the respective posters on this forums, I feel lucky that you guys mentioned his name throughout the years. I have my local Marvin shop coming out first as my large 4 unit baywindow (1 casement, 2x fix, 1 casement config) faces south and the golf course and I really like the Ultimate's hide-away screen. The local guy wants to a mix and match of Ultimate and Integrity, but I'm really only interested in the Ultimate in a few locations and install Starmark in the rest.

My question is this. Does anyone have any pictures comparing the exterior of the Marvin Ultimate Casement to the Starmark casement? Goolge's image search of Starmark is pretty small.

I plan to update this thread throughout this project to help others, who like me, want to hear first hand from others...

Thank you,

This post was edited by hostileharry on Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 20:59

Comments (5)