Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

How can I allow window light but block out spying eyes?!

theresse
14 years ago

Hahaha I sound paranoid but actually I have an oddball next door who peeks behind curtains and then when I look up e.g. while doing the dishes she quickly moves the curtain back. Even though I know her and she's harmless, it feels intrusive cause she happens to be rather rude and petty, so I'm not feeling very "open" to being watched by her! Example of petty: my 2 year old running in sprinkler on hot summer day in front yard, with supervision, on quiet street and the woman more or less yelled at me for letting him be exposed or expose himself (can't remember which but either way is nuts). She didn't suggest but actually barked at me and that's how it goes most of the time. Ick.

Also their house is unattractive and feels very tall, looming over our North-facing kitchen windows so I see no point to have to see anything out there beyond wanting no daylight lost.

Is there some sort of window I can buy that will be appropriate for a 1913 home (and nice -not a quick spray-on type of job) that would block out details but not light? Or, is there a DIY option that is attractive/classy looking? I'd get one of those shades that can come up from the bottom or down from the top but then I'd lose the light in the day.

Thank you!

Comments (3)