Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
david_cary_gw

PGT really a quality product - why can't I find it?

david_cary
13 years ago

So PGT used to have a factory in NC. I realize that closed. But why do the 7 distributors within 100 miles listed at PGT website (and confirmed by phone)not actually carry the window?

Well that isn't entirely true, one will carry them until April 15th at which point they will stop carrying them.

The people at PGT were surprised that none of the distributors actually carried their product. It makes it really hard to purchase a product that you can't see and seems to not have a distributor network. It also doesn't give confidence in a company that can't seem to keep track of who carries their product.

Now I realize that there have probably been less than 50 houses built on the NC coast in the last 3 years and this has obvious implications for PGT in NC. But the distributors carry Ply gem, Anderson, Sumitimo (sp?) and others.

Plygem is a decent price point but more expensive (at least so far) compared to Astor prices for PGT. Also there are lots of holes in their lineup - particularly no french doors. Also no horizontal sliders.

Any recs for impact windows available in NC at a good price point?

Comment (1)