Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessica12_gw

Neuma doors

jessica12
14 years ago

I'm replacing doors in my home and need fiberglass because of high moisture problems. Has anyone heard of or had experience with Neuma doors.

Comments (114)

• nrsfiretower
    4 years ago

Sergio, I have a Neuma door and the spindle between the inside and outside handle broke on one of the doors. I am having trouble finding replacement parts. Can you help?

• Sergio Casas
    4 years ago

Please contact me directly. 562-275-2206

• mcdaris
    3 years ago

Dang Sergio, I just read through all these comments and I sure hope they gave you a raise!

• Lee Ann Blair Mizzell
    3 years ago

Sergio, I have a Neuma sliding patio door with between-the-glass blind and the glass is broken. How can I get a replacement panel for this door?

• Sergio Casas
    3 years ago

Where are you located?

• Sergio Casas
    3 years ago

Contact me

• Lee Ann Blair Mizzell
    3 years ago

Childersburg, Al.

• Jim
    3 years ago

Sergio my name is Jim Rado and have a home in Port Aransas Texas. We have 9-9 0x8 0 high doors with one hinged in middle with a panel on each end. The doors on the ocean side of the home are completely caulked and painted with no visible air penetrations As are the others. Problem is that the interior casing ang a portion of the Sheetrock around the ocean facing windows show a 100 pct moisture content. On other sides of the home this same meter shows 6 to 15 pct on the trim and zero on the drywall. there is also leakage around the weatherstripping and threshold. i have been working with a responsive rep here but wanted to get another opinion since we Are having some mold issues. What steps would you take to determine what to do next? It has been determined by our rep that installation appeared to be in order. If possible pleas email me at jrado@dwhomes.com or let me know how to get in touch with you. I don’t usually get on this site so won’t see an answer. Thanks.

• Robert Murphy
    3 years ago

Sergio

I am trying to find replacement handle for my Neuma doors. After many years the internal guts broke apart. The label on the door is 01496 if that helps.

This unit never had an outside key. If we replace is it possible to get one with a keyed entry?

We are happy with the doors, the installation and Quality Windows of Oxnard Ca. who we bought them from. Just needs a new handle now.

Thank you

Bob Murphy

Oxnard Ca

805 5095398

murph1198@gmail.com

• Christopher Muylle
    3 years ago

Hi Sergio, I am trying to find parts for my Neuma exterior door. The lock turn key broke off. I am on South Padre island, TX. Do you have an email I can reach out to you at?

• mrcarcrazy
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Christopher, Have you tried Zarsky lumber in Los Fresnos? That’s where I bought my door. Not sure on parts though.

• Christopher Muylle
    3 years ago

I'll check it out. Thanks!

• Looki Lu
    3 years ago

I wish my Neuma doors would break so I can get something new. Mine came with the house so they’re at least 8 years old. Something on the door broke (handle or lock tab) and DH bought a new lock/handle set off the internet and installed it himself in about an hour. Sigh.

• Sergio Casas
    3 years ago

Im glad he was able to resolve it.

• Sergio Casas
    3 years ago

Sergio@Neumadoors.com

• HU-794292318
    3 years ago

I bought 2 sets of Neuma patio doors with screens, one of which does not retract. Is there any way to clean the mechanism that retracts the screen?

• TRACY GREGORY
    2 years ago

We are looking at replacing a patio door at a beach condo in NC. Our contractor has suggested a full lite 3068 high impact Neuma door in prefinished smooth white. We currently have plantation shutters attached to the door we are replacing. Is it possible to reinstall these on the Neuma door?

• Robert Murphy
    2 years ago

Call Neuma 1866Doors15

• Erin Kassay
    2 years ago

Neuma doors has been hell to work with. We had a door delivered in packaging to assemble and install in a new home build. However it arrived damaged. This was mid November. The door was a few weeks late already. Our rep at Garris Evans contacted his rep to get a replacement piece. They said it would be expedited. We received the incorrect piece at the end of December. It is now February and the correct piece has still yet to arrive. My rep calls just about every day. I guess everyone is working from home and nobody has been of much help. We also had another door sent for another job. I had seen the paperwork from Garris Evans. The correct door was ordered and Neuma sent the wrong door. Actually they also sent another incorrect door but we just had to fir out the wall to get that one to fit. We have houses with open doorways that get boarded up because of Neuma Doors. And I'm scared we will never get this door piece needed.

• Sergio Casas
    2 years ago

Sorry to hear the sent the wrong piece. Seems like Gary Evans is on top of things so no need for me to get involved. Lead times are very long during the current issue we are facing. Freight ships are stuck at the LA port for months at a time before unloading and shipping to Houston. Plus with labor shortages and new personal at the facility, this is most likely the reason someone not familiar with product sent the wrong door/piece. If need be im also at your service, im the CA sales rep for Neuma Doors.

• Erin Kassay
    2 years ago

We are missing a frame piece that was broken in shipping since product was packaged poorly. We should have had a replacement Piece in November. This is not an entire door. It is one side of the frame. And no the Garris Evans rep has called only to be told really nothing. We are stuck with no foreseen date even when this will arrive. At least the doors had an ETA DATE!

• Erin Kassay
    2 years ago

• Sergio Casas
    2 years ago

That looks like one of the frame/header was broken. Text me at +15622752206 a full picture of only the broken piece so i can order the correct piece for you. Ill get that resolved for you asap.

• HU-499346447
    last year

Sergio, we had Nuema French Double Doors installed (they swing outward); though one door hangs lower than the other door and the latch freezes up and stops working when we see a slight drop in temperature. We’re located in central Florida which is strange why the latch freezes up with a change in temperature. With the doors being uneven, i wonder if the freezing of the latch is more du to the doors not lining up. Do you know if a representative would come out and that a look? The doors are less than 9 months old. Thanks!

• Sergio Casas
    last year

Sounds like there is a installation issue, this cause the doors not line up. Please contact Blair Waller our Florida rep adoorguy@hotmail.com

• HU-499346447
    last year

Sergio, thank you so much for the quick response and Florida rep contact info. You are an amazing professional. Thanks again for all your help.

• seacrest101
    last year

Hi Sergio,

You mentioned that "There is a piece we use to make the non active panel fixed". How do I do that? I have french doors in a vacaiton rental, and guests don't understand that you have to lock both sides! I would like to be able to ensure that the non active panel remians locked at all times,(unless we need to open it to move furniture). Thank you. Lisa

• Sergio Casas
    last year

Send me your contact information at Sergio@Neumadoors.com. I can ship the item/ part directly to you.

• duane godfrey
    last year

We had a french patio door installed at the end of 2020 and the latch on the handle broke, it is not the multi point handle, just the rgular one and i cant find a replacement. The distributor my contractor bought it no longer sells them and nobldy at Neuma is answering any of the numbers on the site, i am hoping you can help.

• Sergio Casas
    last year

Please email me at sergio@neumadoors.com. I will help you out

• duane godfrey
    last year

I sent it, thanks

• duane godfrey
    last year
    last modified: last year

I know it has been a bit, but Sergio shipped a new latch out right away and the door works perfectly. Neuma is lucky to have you Sergio.

• HU-478404649
    last year

I have a Neuma french door with sidelights. it is impact glass sicne i live in Florida. can i replace the glass with a panel that has blinds inside? We didnt order it originally with the blinds.

• millworkman
    last year
    last modified: last year

HU-478404649, you would need to reach out to a Neuma distributor or Neuma directly.

• Looki Lu
    last year

sergio, is there a repair company or technician that can work on Neuma doors in the greater Houston area? The door handle/locks are acting up again.

• Sergio Casas
    last year

Reach out to Patio Doors direct LLC they are a new distributor in Houston and are super pro active with all issues. GMLeiker@gmail.com

• gabtoo
    10 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

Hi Sergio, We are having issues with our 4 year old Neuma french doors. The door on the left is stuck locked at the top. How do we fix it? Excuse the mess on the decking as it's being refinished. We live in Florida by Tallahassee

Thanking you in advance

• Sergio Casas
    10 months ago

You can Reach out to Doors direct LLC they are a new distributor in Houston and are super pro active with all issues.

1. Does the handle go up and down? This should disengage the flush bolts. If it goes up and down but is still stuck up top, the flush bolt has unraveled and needs to be tightened back into place. (Clockwise so it has clearance to open again). Sometimes there is enough room between header jamb and panel to achieve this.
      If not, you will have to remove the center lock box on that panel, (to remove bolt) then replace with new flush bolt activator box, screw bolts back in and your in business.
      Sergio@neumadoors.com if you have more questions or need instructions on how to do.
  • Kevin Vallandingham
    9 months ago

Hi Sergio. We have a 12’ sliding door that we got from Zarsky Lumber here in South Texas. Installer did an amazing job and we love the look and quality. The only thing I’m having a hard time with is pullig the door open that first inch, to break the seal. Will that get easier in time or anything I can adjust. Sometimes I have to really tug on it to get it started.

Thanks!

Kevin

• Sergio Casas
    9 months ago

Kevin,
    In the astragal there are two lips( one of each side) that run from top to bottom. They create the suction and sometimes makes it hard to open.
    What i have seen is that some customers opt to remove the interior lip. This will resolve that tug. It will also get easier with time, however not sure how long.

Sergio Casas

• nelowrie
    9 months ago

does Neuma Doors make a 12’/8’ with four panels where the two panels in the middle slide open over the two outside fixed panels?

need the door to be fiberglass with impact glass. will be installed on the texas gulf coast.

would also like outside to be black and inside white. thank you Nanette Lowrie

• millworkman
    9 months ago

nelowrie , your best bet would be to reach out to a Neuma dealer as Sergio is a service guy and more in tune with broken part, operations issues, etc..

• Sergio Casas
    9 months ago

Nelorie, yes we do, its called our by parting door. (OXXO) 12/0x8/0

• Sergio Casas
    9 months ago

Millworkman, I’m actually the Sales Rep in California not a service tech. I just help customers when needed.

• millworkman
    9 months ago

My apologies Sergio, I was mistaken. Still awesome that you help customers on here.

• PRO
    G & T Camden
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

Sergio,

i have a four panel gliding assembly with the 3 latch system that after attempting to adjust the latches will not reopen. I have exhaust all of my ideas but still the active panels remain shut. The locking knob is in the unlocked position.

Thank you for any assistance on how to get these doors open.

• Sergio Casas
    9 months ago

Thats a tough one, please email me at sergio@neumadoors.com

• HU-145394370
    2 months ago

we have had our Neuma door for about 10 years and I love the door but have always had problems getting parts but i read these blogs and oh what a blessing i found , Sergio Casas ! so much help , the best ever !!! he is sending replacement parts today Thank you so much Sergio and I agree with everyone else you deserve a big raise !

• HU-145394370
    2 months ago

We have had our Neuma door for About 10 years and I love the door but have always had problems getting parts. but i came across these comments and what a blessing I found, Sergio Casas !!! He is the best help ever, he is sending parts today, He responds to emails and questions so promptly, absolutely the best help I have ever had 🙂

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner