Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neuma doors

Posted by jessica12 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 27, 10 at 19:19

I'm replacing doors in my home and need fiberglass because of high moisture problems. Has anyone heard of or had experience with Neuma doors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neuma doors

I've sold quite a few Neuma doors. Here in Houston, they're popular because of the moisture issues. Neuma's doors are solid and well made.

The only problem I've had with them is customer service when there's a problem - they are slow to respond, and do not communicate well.

o

I have been calling around companies here in Houston, and two of them are highly suggesting Neuma Doors. HOwever, based on older reviews, I have read quite negative reviews on their warranty and customer service.

Does anybody have any updated experience in terms of their qualities and warranty/cust service?

The doors I am planning to get is a Hinged Double Door (only 1 door active), in swing.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

o

My research in Florida confirms Ultrawindows' experience.

Here is a link that might be useful: BBB Neuma doors

o

Thanks Flaamy. I was worried about that aspect too..I guess I'll have to look around some more...thanks for your input. I might ask Ultrawindows of his much more recent experiences with Neuma's customer service.

o

I am not selling Neuma doors anymore. Their customer service has not improved and their proprietary hardware is difficult to work with.

o

Hi Flaamy:

That's what I'm afraid of. Seems like so many people have warned off about their warranty/customer service. But the two companies that quoted me said they "never" have any problem with their cs. So now I know.

Can you suggest another brand of door that is about the same price range as Neuma. I really wanted the Provia, but it's so hard to find one in Houston, and I'm not sure what their price range is for a regular size double door in swing 72x80.

If you can offer your suggestion, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

o

Perhaps ultrawindows could offer suggestions.

As you know from my other posts, I purchased Simington Reflections 5500 and am quite satisfied. I too wanted to look at Provia doors, but they were not in my area. Although I am not in a hurricane zone, I found the patio door market to be regional and subject to local regulations. Good luck with your search. Luckily, this site has a wealth of information.

o

Hi flaamy:

Yes, he just replied to me letting me know that Neuma's customer service has not gotten any better, sadly. I sent him a message to ask suggestion about other doors.

Thank you so much Flammy!

o

ProVia is available here in Houston through Norandex, but I've never sold them.You might give the local Norandex office a call and ask for a referral.

We have gone to having a local company build a hybrid Thermatru fiberglass door with a frame saver jamb. They will install either Emtek or Hoppe multipoint locking hardware on them for us.

o

Hi Ultrawindows:

I called Norandex and they said they are a wholesaler and they don't sell to public.

Where can I buy that hybrid Thermatru fiberglass door with the multipoint locking system?

I need a regular size 72 x 80 double in swing french door.

Thanks!

o

You're not going to be able to purchase the door I'm referring to either, without a contractor. That's why I recommended calling Norandex and asking for a referral. They can give you the names of a few contractors who sell their doors and the contractor can give you an estimate.

o

Hi Ultrawindows:

Ok, got it. I will call Norandex Monday morning and ask for a referral.

Thanks for helping. Have a great weekend..

o

Good luck with everything. Hope your weekend is a good one as well.

o

Thanks Ultradoors..I will be patio door window shopping...:)

o

Well frankly saying, I have hear a few negative reviews of Neuma doors. I do not prefer or recommend them.

o

Hi Beverly:

I'm sticking to Simonton...too bad Neuma's reputation is not good. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here