Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New construction in Alabama quote

Posted by olivine28 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 19:12

Hi everyone. I just received a quote on the Marvin Ultimate line of windows. The majority of the windows will be casement with a few picture windows. This quote does not include doors. The house is 4700 sq feet and sits on a lake lot with the picture windows facing the south.

I have a total of 33 windows and I was quoted $32,759 with tax included. Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New construction in Alabama quote

For a Marvin Ultimate...yes.

That is an expensive beast but probably one of the top 3 wood windows out there.

You pay for quality when it comes to wood.

o

I'd throw in a Kolbe Ultra Series bid in there to have something to compare to. Both brands are pretty comparable.

o

Thanks WOW and Fenestration for the reply

o

As a Contractor myself there are a number of good companies out there that would compare to the Marvin & Kolbe Windows that I would look at close before you buy. The top of the line window from weathershield, loewen, hurd, & eagle to name a few but stay away from pella & jeld-wen.
Your quote from marvin seems to be very reasonable but what options did you choose that can make a huge difference in the price.
To finish up the installer is critical if he screws up the installation then it does not matter what window you use you will have problems

o

Lowen makes a good window. Eagle can be good but I don't know if anything has been changed since being bought by Andersen. Hurd and Weathershield are B level windows and have heard many bad warranty stories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here