Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mold and moisture around windows

Posted by cassiopeia32 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 18:22

Hi. I bought my condo a couple of years ago. First I noticed bubbles in the paint around the windows...then the plaster started cracking...like the drywall kind of opened up and started crumbling out...now there is mold around the windows, particularly on the windowsill. Do I need new windows? A window repair? The exterior of the building is brick....Thanks to ANYONE who helps...I rent this place out and I can't get new tenants in until I remedy this problem! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mold and moisture around windows

You need to get someone to the home who understands water infiltration.

Most often times, if the water is coming from around the connection between the window and the wall, the leak is between the window and the wall on the exterior. Most times.

Depending on the where the windows are located in the home, there is also the potential of a roof source of moisture.

This is impossible to diagnose via the internet. You need to get someone who know leaks out to home and get the issue repaired right away before you cause significant damage to the home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here