Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
labst60

Simonton Reflections 5500 vs. Brickmould 600

labst60
10 years ago

I'm looking to replace the builder-grade silverline windows in our (new to us) 9 year old home. We are starting on the 1/3 of the house that will undergo stucco remediation this spring. I figured when all the stucco was off, we might as well upgrade the windows.

Based on the advice of our stucco contractor, we are going with new construction windows (which will require a stucco "accent band" around the remainder of the windows that aren't part of the remediation.

I don't want to lose our nice 3-4" sills, and our contractor told us with the Anderson (400?) it is a "thicker window", so we would lose the deep sills which I absolutely don't want.

He riced out the Andersens and the Brickmould 600. Andersen were significantly more (30-40%) but the fact that I'd lose the sill and we'd need to replace all interior trim has me leaning towards Brickmould 600.

I've done a good bit of reading around here and called Simonton. I asked Contractor to price out Reflections 5500 and also get the price on the French Garden Door. He said his distributor said the Simonton Reflections door is garbage (not made by Simonton) and recommended I go with the Andersen.

I really don't understand the difference between the Reflections and Brickmould. My contractor and his distributor seem to strongly prefer the brickmould. Around here and the lady at Simonton seems that reflections is the preferred product?

I don't think I'm looking for any fancy options - colonial grids, mostly double hung, white interior/exterior. Obviously I want quality windows but would value as unobtrusive looking as possible and really don't want to lose my deep sill..

Could someone, in laymen terms, please explain to me the differences? I'm assuming that anything would be an upgrade from the silverlines we have here but hate to go through all the hassle/expense and make the "wrong" choice.

Comments (4)