Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
b4wine

Window Seal is Leaking

beth4
12 years ago

Across the front of my home I have 3 huge floor to ceiling picture windows. The middle one just today began showing the dreaded condensation inside the window. Just the mist; no water yet, because it's just started. I replaced all 3 windows with Low E windows about 10 years ago....so, I'm very disappointed that one of the seals is no longer working, allowing the build-up of condensation.

I hate throwing away perfectly good glass, and did some search about alternatives and saw Crystal Clear windows that removes the moisture. Here's a link to its website, explaining the process.

My search of the windows forum hasn't revealed anyone who has tried this approach to resolving a leaking seal. I do think this approach will be best used in a newly leaking window, where there is very little build-up of moisture.

Have any of you tried this? Also, what is the "normal" life of large windows before the seal becomes compromised. I would hate to think 10 years is "normal".....That's pretty expensive, and environmentally wasteful.

Thanks, in advance, for your responses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crystal Clear Windows