Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on Replacement Windows

Posted by bhollis (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 17:33

Hopefully I can get some advice on replacement windows. We have been looking at Reliabuilt 3500 Series windows. We have had a very hard time with the employees at Lowes, they don't appear to know anything about these windows. A couple of our concerns are the glass is single strength- not double strength as most other windows are.
There is warranty on the on the glass breakage and most other windows have a lifetime/25 year warranty.
Also, the quote states there is Foam Wrap with these windows and no one can tell us what this is either.
We are open to any recommendations or advice.
We live in MS, so REAL cold weather is not a real issue.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on Replacement Windows

My advice would be to deal with a company that specializes in windows and energy efficiency specifically. They are going to be skilled and schooled in the most efficient products and installation techniques. It does not sound like the are too educated at the store you are dealing with currently.

The Reliabuilt window is average at best and will not make as significant a difference as a better, well installed window will.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here