Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
has anyone tried marvin integrity gliders?

Posted by scrappy25 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 16:44

I was reading about the marvin ultimate gliders which have been redesigned to operate very smoothly, and look good. My budget is more the marvin integrity line which seem to have the same mechanism. My alternative is casements either integrity or higher end vinyl. Does anyone know the approximate price differential between the marvin integrity gliders vs casements and how well they look.work?
thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: has anyone tried marvin integrity gliders?

I service the product on the west coast. Integrity is a good window. Depending on your area either would be fine. If you have high winds then I would go casement. Check out a showroom. That way you see the aesthetics and can compare to other window brands to be sure you are getting what you want. Casements are always going to run a bit more then a glider.

o

thanks amber_windows. I like the marvins because they seem to be designed to easily operate when over a kitchen counter. The other sliders that I have seen mostly seem to have those two protruding locking mechanisms (high and low) which would not be so easy to reach, beside looking obstrusive. If anyone can recommend other good quality and good looking sliders, please do so. I am interested mostly in a triple configuration (XOX), and would prefer the 1/3-1/3-/13 ratio over 1/4-1/2-1/4. Unfortunately the Integrity windows seem to be the latter.

o

Comparably sized Marvin Ultimate Gliders and Integrity Casements are priced about the same.

o

thanks Eastbay, what about the Marvin Integrity sliders?

o

Integrity sliders are less than the casements but I thought you said you wouldn't consider them because of the 1/4-1/2-1/4.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here