Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jeld wen vs ykk ap

Posted by salonkari (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 15:41

Help! We are currently building a house and I thought we were going to be receiving jeld wen builders vinyl single hung windows... Instead we received ykk ap windows? What's the difference? I feel like jeld wen is top line and ykk ap may not be? They are energy star certified with a ufactor of .34. Please help!! Any info will be great,y appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jeld wen vs ykk ap

If you do a bit of searching jeld-wen is not highly regarded in any way shape or form on this forum, especially anything builder grade. I have never heard of the other name mentioned however, so can't comment on that.

o

Neither is anywhere close to top line by any measure. Do you have time to do some research on this, or are the windows a done deal already?

o

Like HS said, six of one half dozen of the other. Both are mediocre at best. Unfortunately it sounds like you already own the YKK (think zippers).

This post was edited by millworkman on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 21:34

o

Yes they are being installed Wednesday. Well maybe, I'm going to research tonight and get back with my gc! Nothing is a "done deal" since I'm not happy :) thanks for feedback! I'm sure I will need a lot more soon!!

o

Jeldwen is about in the same class quality wise in my opinion, so maybe investigate other brands.

o

If you have any say at this point, put it on hold until you can make a choice that you are comfortable with... Only problem is that you'll probably set the project back a few weeks as the new windows are produced.
Builder grade windows (wood or vinyl) have a life expectancy of about 10-15 years in my experience, and even at that, you could be dealing with glass seal failures and air leakage throughout that life span.

o

Dear Solankari. If you have any questions about our products we would be more than happy to speak with you personally. You can also learn more about who we are and our products at www.ykkap.com . Go to the residential products section. You can also call me personally @ 678-838-6036.

o

You can also learn mpre about us in a recent feature in Window and Door Magazine http://www.windowanddoor.com/t100ykk_2012

Here is a link that might be useful: 2013 Widow and Door Top 100

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here