Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpascal_gw

Marvin Tilt Pac

CPascal
13 years ago

Hi, I live in a turn of the century Victorian home in New England which we bought two years ago. The previous owner replaced the original 1900 sashes with cheap, vinyl, full frame replacement windows. They are beyond terrible. To say they are drafty would be a huge understatement. You can literally feel cold air hitting your skin if you get too close. Needless to say, our gas bills are quite high. I can't even open many of these windows because the top sash will fall down and smash your hands.

Anyway, we are tentatively going to replace them with Marvin's sash only replacement kit called the Tilt Pac (exterior clad-wood). Last summer we had the original circa 1900 window frames insulated and sealed as part of a larger renovation project and our contractor feels the frames are in good condition. We basically want as much glass space as possible by taking advantage of the original frames.

Does anyone have any experience with the Tilt Pac or a similar system? I'm interested in hearing what the performance is like for these sash only products. Thanks in advance for any advice,

Comment (1)