Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Screens of Pella patio door don't work? What am I going to do?

Posted by Beih (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 15:21

We bought 4 Palla pation doors with 4 screens last Oct. We hired another professional company to install them last Oct. There are 1/4 inches gap between the screen frame and the main door frame, a lot of bugs come inside from the gaps.

We called Pella right away after the installation, a Pella inspector came over and told us the sizes of the screens are not correct. He wanted us to be patient. 6 months passed, no reply has been received from them since last Oct 18.

I called them 3 week ago. A lot of unhappy stories happened here. They refused to take my calls. The phone representative transfered me to their voice mail. I left tons of messages and none reply was received.

Until I called the supervior, another Pella inspector came over yesterday. He said he just received the report documents from the previous inspector in Oct and that is why the reply is delayed. He said the sizes are correct, the reason is installations . Pella are not going to responsible for it. I don't trust him. He is lying.

Summer is coming. The bugs are keep on coming inside. We have bug bites all over arms and legs now. I also tried Raid but it almost killed me. We have spent over $4K on changing doors, but we can not open the glass door now.

We are planning to sue them? Could anyone let me know how to sue them without much costs? Any suggestions are appreciated. please email me: bei_huang@yahoo.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Screens of Pella patio door don't work? What am I going to do

4 patio doors and you spent how much changing them, over 4K? What kind of doors? Who did you buy them from? Who installed them? How do you know that the install is correct? How do you know that the issue is the screens and not the door frames? Maybe there are parts missing like screen tracks or weatherstrip? The info you have provided is not enough and without proof of installation being correct your chance of winning a lawsuit is zero.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here