Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Infinity Everwood

Posted by theresa2 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 14:04

What color are the interior jams of Marvin's "Infinity Everwood" option? I'm considering bronze on the outside, "Everwood" on the inside. I will stain the "Everwood" a dark brown. Please keep in mind that I'm not talking about "Integrity", but rather "Infinity". I only mention this, because sometimes it is confusing for people given their names are so similar.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Infinity Everwood

It appears to me to be a color similar to natural pine that would be stained or painted whatever color you decide.

o

Be sure you know how to stain, staining a composite such as ever wood is a bit harder than staining natural pine.

o

Thank you for both for your information. My installer has a pro who will stain the doors; someone who does this routinely.

o

+1

These materials do take stains a bit differently than real wood. Most often times, you can ask and Marvin can provide you with a sample of the material so that you run some test pieces.

o

I received a quote for Marvin Infinity w/ Everwood interior. One important thing I learned from sales rep:

Once the everwood is stained, it's stained. You may be able to apply a darker stain, but don't plan on stripping and applying a lighter/similar color stain.

Benefit - stain won't fade over time
Drawback - cannot easily re-stain

o

You are partially correct taxman. No stainable composites can be refinished, but they can fade slightly over time just like anything else. In addition, it will be very difficult to stain a darker color if a finish (polyurethane) is applied over the stain... You really get one chance to stain them, and then you could conceivably paint over them at a later time.

o

+1

Its is definitely a 1 shot deal.

o

Glad the experts (HomeSealed and WoW) could clarify. So much great info on this site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here