Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fivezs

Simonton Asure Windows

FiveZs
12 years ago

I really could use some help. I have numerous windows I would like to replace in my home, about 30. I have been in contact with a contractor that has used Simonton for the past 25 years. He said that he is moving to the Assure line as of April. How would you rank this window? I also have a slider that will need replacing. Would you have any other recommendations? I live in NH. A contractor friend of mine likes Harvey and I will also get some information/pricing from him. I appreciate any help people could send my way. This will be a large investement.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    12 years ago

I have yet to see the window but it is my understanding that it is a re-design of the 5050 to replace it and the 5300.

Here is a copy from Bill who really knows the Simonton line backwards and forwards:

Simonton basically redesigned a new lower end window to replace the 5050 and the 5300 they narrowed the main frame to increase the glass area and it adds about 7/8" each way. The sash is the same as the old 5050 and 5300 but new main frame is nicer looking. You can order it with Super Spacer or Supercept in double pane only with a U factor of .29. Air numbers are the same as the old 5300 and it can be ordered DP50

• GulfBreezeWindows
    12 years ago

I don't know if it will replace the 5050, more move into a new slot.

For the Prism series, they are adding a "Gold" window under the Ultra Gold, and after the Bronze window.
    As far as quality goes, don't know yet.

• GulfBreezeWindows
    12 years ago

Ok, I retract my statement. The Asure (Gold) will replace the 5050 and the Prism lines of Bronze and Ultra Gold.

• FiveZs
    Original Author
    12 years ago

if it equivalant to a 5050, maybe 5300, should I consider this to replace my windows? or, is the quality just not there? what should I expect to pay to per window for this type of replacement? I know that's a loaded question. I apprecaite all the feedback.

• PRO
    12 years ago

I am personally not a huge fan of the 5050 but I do know people that have used them successfully.

If I were going to use Simonton (although I dislike the bulk of the upper extrusions) I would prefer the 5500/Prism Platinum or 9800 series.

I think those offerings are superior to the Harvey window.

Can you see if your contract friend can get Soft-Lite, Sunrise, or HiMark?

• FiveZs
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I can ask. I believe it is harder to find those brands in NH.

• PRO
    12 years ago

The first two should be available in that area.

Each of those manufacturers have dealer/vender locators.

• WindowDog
    12 years ago

If you have 30 windows in your home, I'm going to guess that this is a colonial style home with multiple double hungs lining every wall of the house.

I would advise you to not get a vinyl window unless it is a high end top of the line product. If this is a home you are going to stay in, as far as you know, for the rest of your life, you may want to explore fiberglass by Marvin. You may also want to explore options like wood interiors, which I'm guessing it's possible you have now. It's hard to say exactly not knowing what you would be trying to duplicate, what is your main priority in appearance, etc.