Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgmarie

HUGE window and door job

dgmarie
14 years ago

We've made a decision to replace every window and door in our home. This is a 12 year old home that has poor quality windows on a big ol' house.

We also have alarms in the first floor windows and doors, and there is going to be drywall work and new insulation under the windows.

Last year we had all the sills replaced with limestone and used a local GC/luxury home who did an excellent job and was reasonably priced.

My first thought is to ask him to quote the job, instead of going straight to a window company (Anderson or Marvin) because of the scope and the potential of finding problems in the framing etc or the alarm work.

We have 40 openings, two sets of triple french doors, some enormous half rounds (9 ft wide in a two story room). Basically this is the worst case scenario come to be: all must go (have spent 5 years fixing problems and have decided we've had enough). We want to stay in this home for another 15 years.

I'd want the window company itself to install the windows, and the GC to oversee this project. I want the installation to be by the guys the window company authorizes.

Make sense???

Comments (2)