Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Milgard Ultra vs. Marvin Infinity

Posted by talyun (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 26, 11 at 10:08

I've got 27 windows to replace in a 19 yeard old home in Denver. I'm looking at these 2 fiberglass windows but there's a significant difference in price between the 2. Any comments on which is better? And is fiberglass a good long, term choice to choose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Milgard Ultra vs. Marvin Infinity

In my personal experience (as a contractor having used both), I have had more success with the Infinity.

The Ultra is a solid product but I have had several service issues with the installed products that we have done in that line whereas we have had zero with the Infinity.

I think the Infinity has a cleaner look as well.

o

Would you mind expanding on the service issues you are referring to? i.e., is Milgard not honoring their warranty or dragging their feet, etc.

Also do you feel that fiberglass is a good long term product?

Thanks.

o

There were a couple of issues on one project where the windows were not sealing properly when they were installed plumb, true, and square. These windows were adjusted and re-adjusted to ensure exact fitment.

Milgard did not view it as a product defect and the air that was leaking was claimed to be allowable, however, the customer and I were both unhappy with the results. That cost me money.

The sample they shipped me for an in house demo didn't work right as I pulled it out of the plastic for the home owner.

Their service team damaged a window while trying to get a sash out and claimed it was the customer that had done the damage. They actually used a kitchen utensil (expensive knife) to remove one sash and damaged the knife in the process.

The factory service aspect may be great on the West Coast but it was a liability on the East Coast.

o

Thanks for your followup.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here