Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with grille pattern choices

Posted by tracey_b (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 9:51

Hello:

We have to decide on our windows this week. Here is the current elevation (default). I couldn't scan the large paper, so I snapped a pic with the cell phone, but I think you can see enough detail.....

I think the front of the house looks okay with 6-over-6 like shown, but the backside of the house looks very busy with all those windows. Our custom builder says he's built houses where the homeowner wanted different windows in back, especially if they had a nice view and wanted it unobstructed. We do have a nice view--down through trees to a pond.

I kind of like the look of 6-over-clear. What do you think about mixing these styles? Or, do you think the front would look okay with 6-over-clear also? But then, I don't know how the fixed window over the foyer would look in another style or what.

Oh the decisions....!!!....and they're just starting. Ugh.

Thank you for your opinions, thoughts, suggestions.
Tracey
front elevation

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with grille pattern choices

I think the 6/1 would look fine on both the front and the back of the house. On the fixed arch top on the front you could take a custom grill pattern and put at the height of the check rail a simulated check rail to keep the look of the 6/1 on the rest of the windows in the house

o

Thanks Gale. I'll drive around looking for foyer windows to try and find something like that.

o

Hi Tracey,

I am curious what did you end up choosing? I am faced with the exact same dilemma!!

-ng

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here