Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbwaldrop_gw

Fiberglass wood clad vs. aluminum wood clad

mbwaldrop
14 years ago

Please help with any and all information. We are about a month away from building our house and I have got to make up my mind on windows and doors. We have 9 french exterior doors, 32 casement windows, and 5 casement transom windows. Average size of windows 2ftx5ft. I have spent hours and hours of research on aluminum vs. fiberglass. I have looked at Marvin's Integrity (solid wood interior), Weathershield fiberglass clad (solid wood interior), and just recently Milgard windows (wood interior is veneer on fiberglass)but we are in the south and I am not certain I can get their product. Which product is going to last longer? Which is going to need less upkeep? Which manufacture would you suggest?

I know that fiberglass is a greener product and gives a better energy rating, but I don't want to purchase a window with better energy ratings if the exterior is not going to hold up long term.

Most everyone I have talked to has questioned the fiberglass and suggested aluminum but I could not tell the difference between the 2 side by side. We are using the bronze finish on the outside and both the windows and doors which will match. Any and all suggestions welcome!!! Thank you!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional