Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
10 ft slider fell - what to do?

Posted by xrayvision (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 8:57

My GC left our 10 ft Marvin slider outside overnight and it got blown over by the wind. It landed on a pile of rocks next to it, and chipped one of the glass panels.

What should I do? How do I know the integrity of the slider is still intact. Try to have a Marvin rep come out? Other thoughts?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 10 ft slider fell - what to do?

Not quite sure what you mean by "chipped" as the glass is tempered and should have shattered. If you are that concerned, I would ask the contractor to replace the panel or verify that it is okay. The warranty may not necessarily cover this down the road should something happen after the contractor is gone. And depending on the integrity of the contractor, it may be difficult to get him to cover his mistake of not securing the door overnight after he has been paid. One man's opinion. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here