Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

caulking or putty

Posted by sboricic (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 7:12

Once the weather warms up, I'll have some old wooden windows on our porch that will need some repairs. The putty that is currently on them is falling off in areas. What is best to use on old windows...a type of caulking or putty? They will also need repainted as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: caulking or putty

Putty, buy the Dap 33 or another quality brand in a can, not a caulk tube type.

RE: caulking or putty


Use a true glazing putty and there are several videos out there that are very informative on how to get proficient at it.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here