Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
when doing window replacements

Posted by hayley1999_99 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 4:53

what is the best thing to do? I have 18 windows downstairs and 5 windows upstairs and 2 windows in the basement I want to replace, I believe they might be original to the house 1912. To help save on cash should I find the windows myself? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: when doing window replacements

First, get a budget in mind.

Then call out some local window companies.

Check out their products and prices.

Then come back and post up what you find.

Thats were I would start.

o

hayley, I have a window buying "cheat sheet" that I send out to potential clients. Its completely objective and meant to help you find a good product with out getting stuck listening to high-pressure sales pitches. Feel free to email me if you'd like a copy... Otherwise, Andrew offers a good start above. :)

o

whatever you do make sure its a quality window brand, there are some high quality vinyl windows available but they are not sold at home depot or lowes.
depending on where you are located you could look at okna, sunrise, gorell, or soft lite windows.
second, make sure an actual window experts installs them and not some handyman.

o

+1

In order to guarantee that you get a good install, deal with a professional on it and vet their work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here